Fresh Ideas for Your Home
Decorating with aqua adds the
serenity of the sea to your home.
Summer is the perfect time to add this delightful color.
|Hunter Douglas Duette Honeycomb shades, Salt Lake City, Ut|
What exactly is the color aqua? It's hard to define because aqua is a combination of blue and green and maybe a little gray or beige. The amounts of each hue can vary, and that's why aqua comes in so many different-and beautiful- shades, from the softest pale to quite bold. And that's why there are so many names for aqua, including aquamarine, teal, sea glass, cyan, turquoise and more.
When you add aqua to your decorating mix, the feeling you achieve depends on the shade of aqua you select and the colors in your rooms. For a beachy vibe, add items you've collected at the seashore such as driftwood, shells, and natural grasses. For a more formal look, use aqua as you would any other accent color, with the formal, modern or eclectic accessories you like best.
The color and design possibilities are varied for beautiful aqua accents:
• Pair aqua with soft brown and tan, then add rustic woods and sea glass.
• Combine aqua with soft sand-colored fabric and paint, and add whitewashed
finishes and seashells.
• Put aqua together with crisp black and white - or softer chocolate brown and white -
or tailored dark charcoal and white.
• Team aqua with sage green for a fern garden feel.
• Mingle aqua with bright tomato red for a lively and energized atmosphere.
|Hunter Douglas Solera Shades, Salt Lake City, UT|
This summer its all about aqua. Add some of this delightful color to your home this season- for long lasting beauty and enjoyment.
Post a Comment